I've been making some fun Halloween food but haven't been able to take the time and gather all my photos together! I wanted to share two fun Halloween food we have made in the past. The Crescent mummies are super easy to make! The Spider Web Chocolate Cups are a little more intense and take some preparation. I am hoping to share some more fun food later this week!
Wrap hot dogs in crescent rolls and cook for around 12 minutes. Dot eyes with mustard.
Spider Web Chocolate Cups
(Best Recipes by Publications International)
- 6 muffin cups
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 teaspoons shortening
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup frozen OJ concentrate, thawed
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- Black decorating gel (tube)
1. Melt chocolate chips and combine with shortening in saucepan.
2. Spoon melted chocolate into 6 muffin cups. Coat each muffin cup completely. You will want these a little thick. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Peel off muffin cups and return back to freezer.
3. Combine milk and OJ concentrate. Whisk in red and yellow food coloring until you reach the desired orange color. Pour into chocolate cups and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Pipe decorating gel in spiral shape on top of each cup. With a toothpick, draw straight lines from the center spiral to the outer spiral. Refrigerate until ready to serve.