A few days ago, we had a few of our friends over for a play date. I do not know about you, but I do get sick of the kids playing Minecraft and video games all day long. I decided each of us should make an octopus and let them swim like they are in the ocean.
This activity is seriously so simple if you have a large fan!
Items needed for each octopus:
- streamers of any color
- permanent marker for the eyes
- a large fan... a small fan may work but I am not sure since I have not tried it.
Steps to make a floating octopus:
1. Blow up the balloon! :)
2. Cut streamers to desired length (I did eight.)
3. Tape on the streamers to the balloon.
4. Make two large eyes with the permanent marker. Let dry for just a second so it does not smear on clothing!
5. Turn on the fan and let the kids go to town!
It took me about five minutes to make six and the kids played with them for about an hour. They loved it!