One of our favorite activities is to make rocket ships. I let the kids design their own and decorate any way they like. We hung our son's rocket ship in his room along with the planets, sun, and stars.
Supplies Needed to Make a Rocket Ship:
cardboard cut into triangles for the wings
paper towel tube
hot glue gun - in the picture it shows tape but I found using a hot glue gun so much faster and easier to use in attaching items together
one piece of white cardstock
an object to trace a circle around
streamers of desired color(s)
To Make a Rocket Ship:
1. Trace a large circle around a circular object. You can also print out a circle template from your computer.
2. Find the middle of the circle and cut a line from the middle to the edge of the circle.
3. Take one end of the cut circle and cover the other side until a cone is shaped.
4. Cover the cardstock cone, wings, and the paper towel tube with aluminum foil.
5. Hot glue on paper tube to the cone.
6. Hot glue on the wings.
7. Cut out the streamers to a desired length and hot glue on or tape on.
8. Decorate and fly!